Sunday 17 June 2012

Dublin Seniors - part 5


An excellent 19-11 win (45 IMPs to 29) against title-holders Poland has kept us in equal first place on 60 VPs.  We had the second grand slam swing of the event when Paul Hackett and Tony Waterlow bid to a very good 7D. Paul & Tony then beat 6C on the next board, a contract successfully brought home by John Holland in the other room.

We have a full day tomorrow when we face a good Belgium team (currently lying 3rd with 59 VPs), followed by Germany (in 7th place) and Finland (19th).

I popped into Dublin this morning to do some research into my family tree and visited the church where one of my ancestors (a hell-fire preacher there from 1788 to 1824) has a memorial plaque.  I will use him as an inspiration for my next motivational pre-match team talk.  Expect to see the English Seniors full of righteous wrath and smiting their foes (in a non-physical way, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment